Today...I had a killer exam that I feel like I failed
but my day really just got better from there. Work was...well...work. But I had some great convos! I work at a manufacturing company which means LOTS of people under one roof. I've met so many interesting people. For some reason, 2nd shift employees seem to be the most interesting people. Something about working 3pm to 1am just attracts really diverse characters. For example, there's Mark who always comes in with his sunglasses on, is always always smiling, gives me flavored cream cheese, and likes to tell me about his granddaughter. Then there's Mila. Such a warm, friendly, and
open person! I love her. She is one of those people whose honesty borders discomfort, but she means well. The first conversation I had with her, she pulled out a zodiac book of birthdays and told me my fortune for the remainder of the year! I was born in the year of the monkey, which I thought was cool. Anywho, she is great. She is total femme and speaks with great wisdom and insight. She told me to tell my dad he is lucky because, "He has byooteeful dawhters! And gude smart girls too! He lucky. Tell yoh dad." She's so cute. My dad chuckled after I told him.
I went to my parent's house for the night and after dinner I decided to take a ride on my longboard through the neighborhood. It was amazing. There is a huge contrast between where I live and where my parents live. But of course, I live in one of the largest college towns in the nation. There is just something so welcoming and a warmth so pure in a family-friendly residential suburban neighborhood, and especially the one I grew up in! I found my parents taking a walk and joined them in a walk through a nearby town. It brought me so much joy to just walk and talk with my parents. We walked on a sidewalk and to our surprise the sprinklers were hitting us face-first for a stretch of about 30yards! My dad mentioned something about sewer water and we just booked it. Might sound lame (it's really not) that is the most fun I've had in weeks.
Running through sprinklers. I think it's that familiar and fleeting feeling of being a kid. What joy. :)
I'm realizing how easy it is to forget about things we love to do, or things we once loved to do, and how easy it is to lose one's identity and sense of self in the busyness of life. Longboarding and running through sprinklers--made my day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment